Erin Pizzey publishes another seminal work on domestic violence. It is available free till the end of July.
- Erin Pizzey takes control of WhiteRibbon.org 10 months ago
- An update on efforts by WhiteRibbon.org 10 months ago
- Media Advisory: U of T event Thursday on sexual exploitation of boys requires police presence 11 months ago
- Erin Pizzey interviews IPV expert Professor Martin Fiebert 11 months ago
- Erin Pizzey interviews IPV expert Dr. Murray Straus 11 months ago
- Erin Pizzey interviews Professor Don Dutton 12 months ago
In 1971, Erin Pizzey founded the very first battered women’s shelter in the world. She had no idea what would be coming her way for her troubles, including death threats, bomb threats, and multiple incidents of stalking.
Erin Pizzey is the world’s greatest pioneer into the subject of intimate partner violence (IPV). She is the great groundbreaker in both research about and service provision to the victims. From her book,
Prone to Violence, she shows us just how off track we currently are in dealing with IPV.